The Prairie of the Channel, in Bobigny (93). 48h of urban agriculture
• 48 hours of urban agriculture. That are more than 150 small events scattered throughout Paris on Saturday and Sunday, the heart of which is located in the Prairie of the Channel (93). Workshops revegetation, animation, gardening, educational tours and many other activities, invade the streets to initiate the largest number in urban agriculture. The animations are for the most part organized in the high places of parisian life: on the avenue de Breteuil (Fifteenth), along the boulevard du Temple (Iiird and Xith), Recycling (Xviii) or rue d’ulm (Ve)… Paris transforms into a true green lung for the time of a weekend! The event is organized by the association “The Sage”, the Society of Urban Agriculture, Generous and Committed, who has the goal of increasing access to agricultural activity for all. To congratulate the participants engaged and to close 48 hours in beauty, the association organizes a concert on Sunday afternoon from 15h, to the Prairie of the Channel (93). Culture and agriculture are mixed, and it is time to cultivate our garden.
48 hours of urban agriculture in the Prairie of the Channel. 55, rue de Paris (93). Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 may 2019. Free access.
The Europe Festival edition 2018, on the parvis of the Hotel de Ville (IVe). Festival of Europe
• A european village invests the Town hall. 4 and 5 may, the Festival of Europe takes place on the parvis of the Hotel de Ville to offer exhibitions, concerts, debates around Europe and film screenings. It is an event committed, which celebrates the diversity of the union: Romania and Finland are the guests of honor of this edition 2019. The themes of the involvement of women and the struggle for european ideals will also be discussed at the dissemination of short films and discussions. But it is also a festival of funny (the collective “Topito” invites 4 comedians to launch the evening of Saturday night) and decidedly cosmopolitan, because they are artists, French, Greek, belgian, Lithuanian, and irish which will occur free of charge on the big stage in the square in front of City hall. For the Night of Europe, from Saturday to Sunday, the biggest clubs of the capital join the event: Concrete, Wanderlust, Rex Club… they will make you dance for the union, and for fun of course.
The Europe Festival on the square in front of City hall. Place of the Hotel de Ville (IVe). Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 may 2019. Free access.
• The grand rendezvous of the music is to the Seine river Musical. Musicora returns for its thirtieth edition on the ile Seguin (92). 40 gigs, 250 exhibitors, 80 workshops for children and 30 conferences are on the program. The highlights of the weekend: a musical improvisation giant with trumpeter Ibrahim Maalouf and a focus on the guitar with Jean-Felix Lalanne. Musicora to realize all the years the large gap between classicism and modernity, which makes it a nice place for meetings. “At a time when it is so easy to listen to music and communicate at a distance, nothing is as necessary as the music alive and the dialogue aloud,” says David Dugaro, the director-general of Musicora.
Musicora and the Seine Musical. Ile Seguin (92). Friday 3 may to Sunday 5 may 2019. Rates: from 0€ to 30€. Tel.: 01 81 89 25 00.
• All to the Opera! This year, the Paris Opera house is celebrating its 350 years. May 3 to may 5, the event returns to the capital for its thirteenth edition on the theme: “The opera: the great manufactures of the show”. Everything is free admission: open rehearsals, concerts, backstage visits. At the Opera Garnier (IIe), visits to the Library Museum of the Opera will be available may 4, from 10h to 17h. At the Opéra-Comique (IIe), visits and workshops will be held and totally accessible to persons in situation of disability, may 4, also, from 14h to 18h. An exhibition about the dance will take place at the national Library of France (IIe) for the duration of the event, from 3 to 5 may. The event has exceeded the million visitors since its inception in 2007. Strong of this success, All at the Opera! wants to encourage the widest possible public to discover the world of lyric singing. An event that is an example in term of accessibility and openness to all, and represents an important part of French heritage.
All to the Opera! in 26 opera houses in France From 3 to 5 may 2019. Free access. Tel.: 01 42 56 49 70.
the square of the cathedral Saint-Louis in Versailles. Mind Garden
• Versailles became a city-nature. The time of a weekend, on 4 and 5 may, Spirit Garden flowers in the streets of the city of the Sun king, to defend the art of the garden, and the botanical heritage of the royal city. The event moved especially in the king’s kitchen Garden, around the cathedral Saint-Louis, and in the Court of scents, close to the castle. Several activities are organized, for the large and the small: creations of catch-dreams, drawings, visits of the presbytery of the cathedral of Saint-Louis… A troupe of artists travelling are also invites for you to the charm of music, theatre, and a hint of poetry in their show “The eternal summer”. The leitmotif remains the same when visiting the green spaces and the sale of plants of any kind. In the sharing and the good mood, the event raises awareness for the past 10 years to a sustainable management of biodiversity.
Spirit Garden at Versailles (78). Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 may 2019. Free access. Tel.: 01 30 97 84 46.
The Champs-Elysées (VIIIe) will be pedestrians, Sunday, may 5, and the four first arrondissements of Paris: the opportunity to wander around the activist for a green city.
Last chance to go and see the exhibition Vasarely at the Centre Pompidou (IVe), which ends on Monday 6 may.
The Vinyl Village moved to la Rotonde Stalingrad (Xix) this Sunday: record stores, independent labels, DJs and stalls of second-hand clothes will be present.