Yet another classification. But this time, it is a reprint. The information site specialized in the gastronomy Atabula has decided to revive the “Classification of the fourteen Major of Paris”, created by the guide Kléber in 1965. At the time, seven critics ranked “according to their heart” the best tables of the guide, then the main competitor of the Michelin guide.
Taking the formula in 2018, Atabula has gathered a jury of critics from various media: Marie Aline ( M The World ), Emmanuel Rubin ( Le Figaro ), Thibault Danancher ( The Point ), Gilles Pudlowski (the blog The Feet in the dish , author of guides to Pudlo Paris and ex-restaurant critic of the Point ), Rémi Dechambre ( The new yorker ), Philippe Toinard (editor-in-chief of 180°C and a journalist for BFM Paris) and Franck Pinay-Rabaroust (Atabula).
Seven jurors to which the site gourmet has submitted a list of thirty restaurants to classify, from two main guides hex: Michelin and Gault & Millau (of tables with 2 or 3 Michelin stars or 4 or 5 toques Gault & Millau). Each awarded 10 points to his first choice and then 9 for the second, and so on. The tables in a tie were decided by the number of recurrences in the panel.
The Clarence of Christophe Pelé won the vote with 38 points. Then come Éric Fréchon at Epicure at the Bristol with 33 points, and The Great Restaurant Jean-François Piège with 31 points. Guy Savoy, freshly re-elected by The List the best restaurant in the world, only happens in 7th with 24 points.
Installed in the particular hotel Dillon (Eighth) since 2016, Christophe Pelé receives within a framework of the old marble staircase, salons in cascade). Working the products on the market according to his inspiration; it combines bold flavours, earth and sea.
The “Classification of the Great Paris”
1. The Clarence (Viii): 38 points.
2. Epicure at the hotel Bristol (Viii): 33 points.
3. The Large Restaurant Jean-François Piège (Viii): 31 points.
4. The Arpeggio (Eighth): 31 points.
5. Pierre Gagnaire: 29 points.
6. Alléno Paris (VIIIe): 28 points.
7. Guy Savoy (Life): 24 points.
8. The Astrance (Xvi): 21 points
9. The Five at the hotel George V (Viii): 19 points.
10. The Tour d’argent (Fr): 19 points.
11. David Toutain (Vii): 18 points.
12. Alain Ducasse at the Plaza Athénée (Viii): 17 points.
13. Taillevent (Viii): 15 points.
14. Ragweed (IVe): 12 points.